Our client is a highly successful Underwriting Agency working closely with insurance brokers throughout the UK. They pride themselves on providing an exceptional service and have a supportive culture for employees.
They are seeking a Commercial New Business Underwriter to join the team based in the Southend-on-Sea area. This role is a hybrid role working full time and attracting a salary of up to £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
The purpose of the role is to develop both new relationships and existing ones. The role will include underwriting new and renewal business for a product suite consisting of a range of commercial products.
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business
- Collaborate with a group of brokers to develop and underwrite profitable business aligned with underwriting strategies and Commercial Products plans
- Assist Underwriters and junior team members, including handling referrals
- Monitor and report management information responsibly
- Manage relationships with brokers, insurers, and business partners
- Support department manager and contribute as needed to daily operations
The successful candidate must have;
- Commercial underwriting experience is essential
- Experience in dealing with Commercial brokers/Insurers
- Experience in underwriting with delegated authority or underwriting licences
- Proven track record of developing new and existing relationships with key brokers
- Ability to work in as a team and on own initiative
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Cert CII qualified (desirable)
This is an exceptional opportunity to further your underwriting experience in a fantastic business.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.