Elite Staffing Solutions are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join a firm with offices in Okehampton. This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified Accountant or AAT qualified individual with a strong accountancy background looking for the next step in their career.
This highly successful accountancy firm offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package, hybrid/ flexible working, generous holiday entitlement, and pride themselves on a good work/ life balance.
Your duties will include working with a portfolio of clients, below the audit threshold, preparing their financial statements, tax compliance, assisting with VAT and bookkeeping services and ensuring their books are maintained.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: -
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Preparation of tax computations
- Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
- Filling Companies House & HM Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
- General admin duties to provide support to Partner, managers and office
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- AAT/ ACA/ ACCA part qualified, qualified or qualified by experience also considered
- Experience of working in a practice-based environment
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of general IT Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media programmes
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and growing firm of Accountants. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.