Elite Staffing Solutions are looking for an Accounts Technician to join a firm with offices in Taunton. This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified Accountant or AAT qualified individual with a strong accountancy background looking for the next step in their career.
This highly successful accountancy firm offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package.
Your duties will include working with a portfolio of clients, below the audit threshold, preparing their financial statements, tax compliance, assisting with VAT and bookkeeping services.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: -
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Preparation of tax computations
- Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
- Collating and presenting income and expenditure information
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with payroll services
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working in a practice environment
- AAT level 3/4 or qualified by experience or (ACA/ACCA part qualified)
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and & Excel
- Ability to learn new IT skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and growing business. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.