Elite Staffing Solutions are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join a national firm with new offices near Exeter. This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified Accountant or AAT qualified individual with a strong accountancy background looking for the next step in their career.
This highly successful specialist accountancy firm offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package, hybrid/ flexible working, generous holiday entitlement, and pride themselves on a good work/ life balance. Part time also considered.
Your duties will include working with a portfolio of clients, below the audit threshold, preparing their financial statements, tax compliance, assisting with VAT and bookkeeping services and ensuring their books are maintained.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: –
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Preparation of tax computations
- Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
- Collating and presenting income and expenditure information
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working in a practice environment
- AAT level 3/4 or qualified by experience or (ACA/ACCA part qualified)
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new IT skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and growing business which is part of a National Group. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.