My client is a highly successful firm with offices across the South West. They are experiencing an extraordinary period of growth and are seeking to expand their team. They operate a dynamic yet fair and consistent culture, empowering professional development and with an enviable long service record.
Our client is looking for a Bookkeeper to join their Plymouth office to support the Partners and Managers in providing an effective bookkeeping service to their clients.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: –
• Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services.
• Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
• Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
• Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns.
• Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
• General admin duties to provide support to their partners, managers and the office.
The successful candidate:
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and
• A positive attitude, friendly and personable
• Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
• Adaptable, organised and conscientious
• Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Professional and team orientated in approach
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Xero, Quickbooks and Sage
• Experience of delivering exceptional customer service in an office-based working environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
• Ability to learn new IT skills quickly
• AAT qualified or qualified by experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and growing firm of Accountants.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.