Our client is a highly successful Underwriting Agency working closely with insurance brokers throughout the UK. They pride themselves on providing an exceptional service and have a supportive culture for employees.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Commercial Underwriter to join the team based in the Midlands / North of England. This role is home based but with travel to regional sites, working full time and attracting a salary of up to £50,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
The purpose of the role is to develop both new relationships and existing ones within the area. The role will include underwriting new and renewal business for a product suite consisting of a range of commercial products.
The role will be a fantastic opportunity for someone who likes variety and flexibility to manage their own time. The role will be working from home, including regular visits to brokers, conducting underwriting surgeries, attending the office and being part of regular team meetings. The daily work will be developing relationships, underwriting new enquiries and renewals for brokers in the region.
Main duties include;
- New business underwriting and processing – target commission & fee income per month
- Renewal business underwriting and processing 90% renewal retention target
- Midterm adjustment underwriting and processing
- Broker development (New and existing) including regular broker visits and on-site underwriting
- Develop and maintain relationships with your broker panel
- Monthly reporting
The successful candidate must have;
- Commercial underwriting experience is essential
- Experience in dealing with Commercial brokers/ Insurers
- Experience working in a small team in SME organisations
- Experience in underwriting with delegated authority or underwriting licences
- Proven track record of developing new and existing relationships with key brokers
- Ability to deliver on financial targets
- Ability to work in as a team and on own initiative
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for detail
- Positive attitude to change
- Passionate about understanding the profession and developing their learning
- Thrives on exceeding expectations
This is an exceptional opportunity to further your underwriting experience in a fantastic business.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.