You may be currently a Commercial Underwriter becoming stagnant in your current role! We are here for you!
Our client is a highly successful Underwriting Agency working closely with insurance brokers throughout the UK. They pride themselves on providing an exceptional service and have a supportive culture for employees.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking an Underwriter to join the team based in their Essex office. This role is office based due to the individual nature of the risks, working full time and attracting a salary of up to £45,000, dependent on experience. As well as flexible working you will benefit from being mentored by industry specialists.
Main duties include;
- Attending some visits to brokers
- Preparing renewals, issuing and processing documentation, handling midterm adjustments and filtering new enquiries
- Assisting with servicing accounts for both new and renewal business
- Fostering positive working relationships with Brokers and Clients and providing a professional and prompt service.
- Remaining compliant and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Undertaking any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
The successful candidate must have;
- Experience in handling commercial policies is essential, specifically Property and Liability, ideally in all or some of the products mentioned above
- Experience in dealing with Commercial brokers/ Insurers
- Experience working in a small team in SME organisations
- Ability to work in as a team and on own initiative
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Effective time management
- Passionate about understanding the profession and developing their learning
- Passionate about making a difference
This is an exceptional opportunity to further your underwriting experience in a fantastic business.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.